I have been really busy this month – watching my grandkids 3-4 days a week, making more jam than I could ever eat, a slew of family birthdays keeping my weekends busy, and looking for a job, as well as getting a nasty summer cold not once, but twice.
Catching up on my comment responses, I found a lovely nomination from Smriti at mumbaimornings for the Liebster Award. Thanks so much Smriti, I am honored. I do not write for awards, but it is nice to know someone is reading and enjoying or finding value in my musings 🙂 Since this blog is more in the editorial spirit typically regarding current events, I don’t always write much about me personally. Often awards ask you to share information about yourself – which I’m becoming more comfortable with, as well as nominating others – which is the part I like the best!!
According to Smriti, The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Just another way bloggers support each other, as opposed to trying to knock each other down or stabbing each other in the back 😉 It’s a great way to discover new bloggers! I love being a part of this community ❤
THE RULES – Yes, there are rules, but if you don’t want to participate, it’s all good. I have to admit – I changed the wording of the rules a little by editing out the “You have to’s” and the “You must’s.” Being the non-conformist and rebel I am, had to do it 😉 The whole point of this is to introduce new bloggers to other bloggers!
- Saying thanks 🙂 Link back to the person that nominated you.
- Share a little about yourself 🙂 Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- Mentor other bloggers and engage them 🙂 After completing these questions nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- Just common sense 🙂 Do not nominate the person who nominated you.
- Share the news 🙂 Let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Here are the questions given to me:
- Tea or Coffee? Neither, really. My guilty pleasure is a Starbucks venti mocha frap (with only ½ the amount of Frappuccino and chocolate syrups) with 2 shots of espresso. Hot drinks are not my fav. Never liked tea of any kind.
- Beaches or Mountains? BOTH, absolutely!
- Backpacker hostels or Luxury hotels? (assuming you have the money) If I am assuming, then Luxury all the way 😉
- What is your favorite food? Have to be a toss-up between Mexican food and seafood.
- Which city would you love to live in? I honestly can’t answer that – not sure, as there are many – I truly do like the beach & the mountains. I‘d hate to live in the big city, I know that.
- Who inspires you? People who stand up for the little guy or change, even though it may cost them, because it’s the right thing to do – people like Erin Brockovich, Crystal Lee (Jordan) Sutton [the woman who inspired Norma Rae], Erin Gruwell [teacher who founded Freedom Writers]. These people didn’t start out to be activists, they just wanted all people to be treated fairly and compassionately. I am also inspired by writers like Robert James Waller – Bridges of Madison County, and Matt Damon and Ben Affleck – Good Will Hunting. They just wrote it and got it out there and it was thought-provoking, provocative, emotional and people loved it! Then there’s William Young who wrote The Shack – he self-published after being turned down by 26 publishers. (Come on – as writers, expression is most important, but money is always a bonus not to be turned down!!) Really, I am inspired by many different people and a variety of things.
- If a day had 25 hours, what would you do in the additional hour? That would depend on the day 😉 [Read, sleep, write, spend with family or friends, sit on a deck drinking a margarita watching the pelicans fly over, sit in the woods listening to it talk, etc.]
- What would the name of the movie based on your life be? If It Was Easy Where Would the Fun In That Be?
- What is the one thing (single most important) you itch to do in life? Many many things, but (I had to really think about this one to pinpoint it down) I’d love to write a Pulitzer Prize winning piece 🙂 (Yeah, I dream big!) Seriously, the thought of owning a bakery or a little pub has come up in many conversations, too 🙂
- What is holding you back? Fear – of failure, success, whatever, and Money – the root of all evil LOL!!! Don’t need a lot, but do need enough. 😉
- What is the one piece of advice you would want to give all your readers? Live for today, but don’t forget about tomorrow – chances are you’ll have a few of them 😉
The best part – the 11 bloggers with under 200 followers, I wish to recognize and nominate:
- http://sideofheart.wordpress.com/ (Live free or die trying)
- http://minahmisteri.wordpress.com/ (People Places & Perspectives)
- http://laurelclarke.wordpress.com/ (Words: a steamy love affair)
My questions for you:
- Do you have more than one blog?
- Do you like (good) surprises?
- Favorite book and why?
- Night-owl or morning person?
- Do you write & hit publish right away or do you spend a considerable amount of time editing?
- Would you stop & help a turtle cross the road?
- Do you know your blood type? (And NO I don’t want to know, but you should if you don’t!)
- What would the name of the movie based on your life be?
- Who inspires you?
- What is the one thing (single most important) you itch to do in life?
- What is holding you back?
Thanks again Smriti – certainly appreciate the shout out!!
Just something I was thinking about . . . ☮